Planning a trip with your family to Mussoorie? Want to make sure that you get the best of this hill station and enjoy a truly comfortable stay that this place can offer?
Well then there are a few things that you will have to do. First you will need to browse through all the cheap hotels in Mussoorie and find out the most suitable one for you. Accordingly, you will need to get your booking done. Once you have your hotel room in order then you can set out to explore all that this place has in store for you! Wondering what are some of the must visit places in Mussoorie? Check out the top 5:
- Kempty Falls: This is a must visit when you tour Mussoorie during the summer months. If you are travelling from Dehradun to Mussoorie or vice versa you will come across this 40ft high waterfall! It is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the country. The sight of the water rappelling down from such a great height will surely lift your spirit and expose you the natural beauty of this place. If you visit Mussoorie during the summer months then you can always take a quick dip in the pool that the waterfall forms!
- Gun Hill: There are quite a few view points in the city of which this one is the perhaps the most famous. The Gun Hill has a rather interesting history which led to its name. During the early years of the colonial era, a cannon was kept here and was fired every hour to mark time. Thus, it is from this practise that the Gun Hill got its name. This view point today is a lovely place to trek to. You can also reach the Gun Hill by taking a cable car ride from Jhulaghat.
- Camel Back Road: There are plenty of places in Mussoorie which will offer you just the relaxing time that you need. What better way to explore and spend some time in the hills other than taking a walk? The best walking route that Mussoorie has in store is the Camel Back Road. Quiet and peaceful this entire path is enveloped in serenity. It is said that that the first house of Mussoorie was built on the side of this road. If you feel like taking a walk then you can step out of any one of the 5 star hotels in Mussoorie where you will be staying in order to enjoy a walk here.
- The Mall: Like every hill station, the heart of Mussoorie too lies in the mall. This is the busiest and the most crowded places in the city. All the tourists flock to this place particularly during the evening. It sure is the most happening place of this hill station!
- Mussoorie Lake: A more recent addition to the places to visit in this hill station is this lake. It is a lovely picnic spot.
Want to make the most of your trip to Mussoorie? Then do visit all these places!